Saturday, July 25, 2009

WOW - one week already!


Wow it is hard to believe that I have already been in Paraguay for a week now – time sure does fly by!

Weather update – it is FREEZING here, literally! I think last night it was in the high 30’s! If you have ever been camping overnight in the 30s, then you can definitely relate here! YIKES! I am very glad that I packed my long underwear at the last moment and am wishing that I had my electric blanket (yes I used one, even in Florida LOL)

This week I had an interview at a bilingual school and it looks like I will be able to teach there. They teach in English in the morning and in Spanish in the afternoon. So I will be teaching from 8am-12pm every day. The funny thing is that I will be teaching high school science, which I think is hilarious that I moved all the way to PY just to teach science to teenagers. But it is a job and will pay the bills plus it will leave me the rest of the day to hang out, or teach extra classes or…. Whatever!

Every Tuesday they have a farmer’s market where you can buy fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, cheese, snacks…there is even a Chinese couple who makes and sells Chinese things and I think a Japanese guy who sells sushi! It is a fun place to go visit!

I have been to the grocery store and it seems the same – here is a photo of Liz getting bread from bins of fresh bread! (they do have good bread down here!)



I have done some babysitting here as well, which has helped Frank and Liz a lot. Ximena (3) has enjoyed playing with my make-up. Here is photo of the two us, you should be able to see her eye shadow work! LOL (Ximena took the pic as well!)

This weekend I will be hanging out with singles. Last night we had a singles night at church and tonight will be like diner and..? no se’ (IDK!)

But EVERYONE has just been so super sweet down here. One girl named Laura rode the bus with me out to the school where I will be teaching. She then sat and waited for me while I talked with the teachers for an house and then got me back on the bus to come home. I am very grateful for her and everyone else’s help! =) I can definitely feel God taking care of me every step of the way down here!

Hope you all are well!

Besos y abrazos

Ciao

S

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on job interview! Sounds like you are getting your ducks all in a row! Just make sure their little feet don't freeze in that winter weather down there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So delighted to read the progress of life in such a very short time. You're so fortunate the community is warm and welcoming. I love the photos of Ximena and you. You make a great Auntie Sarah!! or is it Tia Sarah? ha!

    Good luck with the new teaching position. I'm sure they'll be delighted you've joined the faculty.

    Hugs and Love right back at you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Great news. Ironic news, but really good that you have this opportunity. This adds a little more stability and familiarity. You kind of get to ease into this new life.

    Can't wait to hear more!!! So excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. about 5 times this past week i've picked up my phone to call you.. and had to put it back down. i've had a wonderfully crazy week.. but don't have the time right now to write out my stories.. but i will. and you will laugh. and then you will tell me what to do for 5 hours in an argentinian airport

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Sarah, I had no idea you were even leaving. How did this come to be? I am extremely excited and a little jealous! But...When you come back we will be able to talk in Spanish. It looks like you are having an awesome time and things are working out for you! I look forward to your posts....Till next time - I miss you my friend! Cary

    ReplyDelete