Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas to you all!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Right now I am waiting for my sister to arrive. She is coming down here for Christmas and I am SUPER excited about her being here! She was supposed to come in last Saturday, but that plan changed. Then she was supposed to arrive yesterday, but her plane in Portland had mechanical problems. She was supposed to be arriving now, but I guess her flight from Buenos Aires left late, so now I have about 30mins before I have to leave for the airport, but she IS coming!! Whew! A late, but fabulous xmas present nonetheless!!!
School ended last Friday, so now I on vacation until February.
This past Monday I got to travel to a city on the border of Paraguay and Brazil called Ciudad del Este. I also got to travel into Brazil to see the AMAZING waterfalls called “Iguazu Falls”
Here are a couple of pics from the trip. The place is absolutely gorgeous! I will definitely be posting more pics and info when I get a chance!





It’s actually hard to think that it is Christmas since it is blazin’ hot and humid down here!
Christmas Eve here is called “Noche Buena” and it is the day that everyone really celebrates. We will eat dinner around 11pm. Then at midnight we will cheer, drink champagne, wish each other Merry Christmas and then it will be time to open presents. I think after that people start going to other people’s houses to visit and say hello. Yessi’s parents and brothers will be coming, so I think we will be staying here and people will probably come over here to say hello. Christmas day is then just a day to sleep and relax. Anne and and I will be hosting the traditional Armstrong cookie party on xmas day. I am excited to show my friends our fun xmas tradition!

Although I am excited to see how everyone celebrates Christmas down here, I am of course missing you all very much. Thank you all for your love, support and prayers! I wish you all a wonderful holiday season with your friends and family!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Love
Sarah


2 comments:

  1. It is a joyous Christmas indeed! What a wonderful trip you made. The falls are absolutely gorgeous!

    And now for your Christmas gift, Anne arrives to share a Paraguayan Noche Buena! Fantastic! We delight in her arrival and wish you both the most wonderful holiday together. The Armstrong Sisters are back together! look out! (<:)
    Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! AND.... yay, to Ann comming and the Christmas cookie decorating. We can't do the cookies since we have a dairy and egg allergy in the house but we decorated Christmas ornaments shaped like gingerbread men instead. Thought about you the whole time.

    ReplyDelete