Thursday, August 27, 2009

Go Olimpia!

Hello everyone!

Well it looks like I am an official Olimpia soccer fan – MUCH to the dismay of all the Cerro fans at church/school. In fact, the Cerro fans are quite disappointed that I have chosen Olimpia. Honestly, I am not really sure how it happened, except for the fact that Olimpia just happened to be the team I went to see first, so I gotta stay loyal now right??? LOL I have been to 2 games already. This is a picture from last weekend when Olimpia beat Luque 5-1. In the picture is me, Laura, Guillermo, Hevarista and his two kids (one other guy, Dario, came with us, but he took the photo!) It was very exciting! This weekend is "El Clasico" - the game of Cerro vs Olimpia! My Olimpia friends and I already have tickets and it promises to be a very fun/intense game on Sunday!



Here are some photos of the streets around my house. The main streets are paved, but once you get into the neighborhoods they all have these cobblestone streets.


Right now the official tree of Paraguay, called Lapacho, is blooming. There are pink flowers everywhere and they are gorgeous! In a month or so there is another type with yellow flowers that is supposed to bloom and be gorgeous as well! I can't wait!



My friend Yessica hasn't been working this past week, so we have been able to eat lunch together when I get home from work, which I LOVE! (well the eating part, not the not working part. LOL) One day this week she made chicken soup with rice and vegetables "caldo de gallina". Then she also made "tortillas de queso." Basically they are pancakes with cheese - but they are really quite yummy! It was quite a delicious lunch!


Well that is all for now! I will let you know who wins the big soccer game this weekend!
love and miss you all!
S

No comments:

Post a Comment